Designed to bring together CEO's within our industry, the CEO Forum provides distributors with a meaningful forum for discussing and sharing mutual operating experiences and opportunities. Simply put, the goals of this unique member program will help you:
- Learn innovative methods of solving problems
- Discover new management techniques
- Identify potential problem areas for development
- Improve your company's performance
- Become a more effective CEO/COO
If you are a CEO, here are three questions for you to consider:
- Do you find yourself facing business problems that you don’t have good answers for?
- Do you find that the way you are running your business is not working the way you want?
- Do you feel that your team is not performing at its best?
If your answer is yes to any of these questions, apply to the CEO Forum program and become a member. All that’s needed is for you to step out of your comfort zone and you’ll receive immediate benefit.
Note: limited to ISD members only.
Each group sets their own agendas. Some of the groups choose three or four areas of interest to discuss. Others base their meetings on publications that cover timely topics. Suggested topics include:
- Salesman Compensation
- Employee Salaries & Benefits
- Branch Operations
- Territory Management
- E-Commerce/Business Technology
- Employee Training
- Marketing & Promotion
- Inventory Management
Due to the proprietary nature and sensitivity of the information being shared between group members, each participant is required to sign a Statement of Confidentiality. The purpose of this Statement is to protect all of the participants and to foster true openness in the sharing of ideas and must be signed prior to attending the first CEO Forum meeting. The Statement of Confidentiality is meant to ensure that the confidential information discussed in these meeting remains within the group. CEO Forum Confidentiality Statement
CEO Forum groups may meet several times a year with one of the members acting as host to the group. Some groups hold one-day business meetings, while others plan a full agenda that includes some social activities. Meetings may include facility tours.
ISD always provides meeting space for the CEO Forum groups at the Spring Seminar and Annual Convention. This allows groups to take advantage of their attendance at these events to facilitate a meeting of their CEO Forum group without incurring any added expense.
Fees & Expenses
A one-time registration fee of $95.00 is charged for participation in ISD's CEO Forum. Expenses connected with Forum meetings are borne by the members of the group.
Getting the Most Out of a CEO Forum
Each meeting of the CEO Forum affords you the opportunity to benefit from a highly knowledgeable body of industry peer professionals. Meetings of this magnitude can strengthen the entire industrial distribution industry by enhancing the skills of key regional leaders. In order for you to get the most from each of your CEO Forum meetings we suggest that you:
- Come prepared to discuss the agenda items.
- Ask your managers what problems or concerns they would like addressed at your meeting.
- Keep an open mind and be prepared to listen and contribute.
- Bring visuals to explain key points and enhance discussion.
- Supply copies for the entire group of any articles or other documents you wish to share.
- Keep the discussion lively and motivated.
You may apply securely online. Complete the online Registration Form below and agree to abide by the CEO Forum Confidentiality Statement . There is a one-time registration fee of $95.00. Please download and complete both forms, and then fax them to the ISD office at 410 263-1659. Your application will be reviewed by the current CEO Forum members and you will be placed in the most appropriate one. If the current Forums are full, the office will begin a new one and notify you. Once you have been accepted into a Forum, you will be billed the one-time registration fee.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ISD office at 410.940.6344.
The ISD Office has also created an easy to read CEO Forum Manual that will assist you in getting your CEO Forum started, including suggestions for topics to make your group and your contribution more successful. There is also a list of Frequently Asked Questions: CEO Forum FAQs